Sunday, December 1, 2019

New Map of the Elf Empire and Southern Isles

I’ve been having fun developing a new map-drawing style that I think is finally reaching a certain level of maturity. And yeah, it owes a lot to Matthew Adams, a guy who has become as inspirational to me as artists like John Blanche or Moebius. This will be an in-game map belonging to a particularly savvy current traveling companion of my party.

And hey, if you have any maps you want drawn for personal or published projects, I’m feeling competent enough to take on commissions. I’d like to make some money for better art supplies. Get in touch at m.cliffstrom at g mail. I don’t have a ton of time, so I’ll probably only take on projects that inspire me.




And experimenting with a different watercolor style for a very different project:


3 comments:

  1. These are looking really good! They remind me of Sergio Aragones's art in "Groo the Wanderer." The color scheme is also a bit comic-booky in a way that I really like.

    In particular, I think the shadow on the south side of everything really makes it pop off the page. The colorful shadows on the text-boxes and pointer-lines are also a neat organizational feature.

    ReplyDelete